You do not need to make a nomination if you wish to distribute your CPF moneys to your family members; under the intestacy laws for (non-Muslims)/ Inheritance Certificate (for Muslims).
If however, you wish to distribute your CPF moneys differently, please complete the CPF nomination.
IF YOU WISH TO MAKE A NOMINATION OR IF YOU HAVE ALREADY MADE AN EARLIER NOMINATION, PLEASE TAKE NOTE THAT:
1) A marriage will automatically revoke an earlier nomination, if any.
2) A divorce does not revoke an earlier nomination, if any.
3) A will does not supersede an earlier nomination, if any.
4) If any of your nominees is below the age of 18 years at the time your CPF moneys are paid out, his/her share will be forwarded to the Public Trustee for administration until he/she reaches 18 years of age.
5) If any of your nominees is an undischarged bankrupt at the time your CPF moneys are paid out, the Board will be legally obliged to inform the Official Assignee (OA) of any assets that are due to him/her as his/her estate is vested in the OA by virtue of the laws in Singapore relating to bankruptcy.
CPFIS investments are not covered under CPF nomination. When a member passes away, his investments under the CPF Investment Scheme (CPFIS) and any cash held in his Investment Account with the CPF Agent Bank would form part of his estate* and will be distributed according to his will. If the deceased did not have a will, the investments and cash would be distributed to family members in accordance with intestacy laws by the administrators of the deceased’s estate.
Upon the death of the member, the CPFIS investments and cash would cease to be protected from any claims made by the deceased member’s creditors and might be used to satisfy the creditors’ claim in accordance with the Probate and Administration Act.
*Except if policyholders have submitted nominations of specific beneficiaries to their insurance companies after 1 September 2009 or to NTUC Income before 1 September 2009 and the nominations have not been revoked, the beneficiaries will receive the proceeds from the CPFIS Insurance policies.